Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sequel to questions we ask; answers we choose.

Of all the flooding thoughts, of all the feelings in the world, of all the begginings, ends, and journeys. Of them all is why I must be here. It seems that I must change my attitudes and change my perspective for this moment in my life. What should my new answer to life be today? Why do I live? Lets just pick at random from all the assorted reasons in my stockpile, oh I dont know, how about the meaning to life is for me to serve god. Alright this one can give me comfort and closure as a nice safety net. A lot better than my choice the other day, my purpose for that day was to be a great musician. Hey mayby my purpose was to be a doctor and I shall save other people. Or mayby I could pick the purpose of nothingness and I must live my life well because I only live once........
Why do we do that? It is as if we as human beings feel the need to have one explaination or lets say, philosophy for our lives in order to feel comfortable throughout the day. Without some sort of mental safety net we live with anxiety it seems. What if you told a christian he/she could not believe in god for a day, and not forced. Like this person genuinely would just forget about him and/or have 100% disbelief. How cruel. What if you told a person who has led a full life that they had to spend a day thinking that they had led the most inisignificant and meaningless life possible? Torture.
We know how it makes us feel but do we know why we need it? Is that what meaning is to us? Just something to satisfy to rid that spirtual anxiety? Would that make it a lie? Just like a one night stand, do we just use purpose to feel satisfied and get rid of lonliness. Is higher pupose just a whore? If it is something to be used is it not also something to be loved? Can Higher purpose be like a significant other? A life partner? But it can't be it seems to change so much.
But is that to find the one that is right? With this in mind consider the following scenario;
Sequel to questions we ask:
What if you were to be born into total nothingness? What if you were to live a life without the need for food, water, or any physical need. What if you were to live out your whole life in this state. And than what if you were given a pen at the same time you were born. This pen can write all around you when you use it. Would this area that you were born into not contain thousands upon thousands of pictures drawn of pens? The one thing you know? Would the walls also contain pictures of hands, arms, legs, and a whole person that looks just like you? But wouldn't this person also not have a face in these drawings? But here is a higher question, what would your purpose be? What would you feel as to your purpose in life? Would it be to draw and tell stories about this pen? Would you feel the desire for a purpose at all? What if a person gave you praise and reward everytime you drew something? Would that not feel like your ultimate purpose? Perhaps that is what we do in real life, draw off of other people for our purposes and causes. What if you were to take this person living in this world that was under the impression that his purpose was to draw, and put him into our world. Would he not cry out in total apathy? His whole entire life cause was a lie, it was for nothing. The incredble amount of acetic information would completely overwhelm this person. Perhaps this is something that we should consider in our own lives, we should find our causes without the influence of other people, mayby our cause was wrong and for nothing so we should be open for new ones, because there is a much bigger world out there than where we have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment